On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 03:15:16PM -0400, Tony Sebro wrote:
On 05/28/2013 02:10 PM, Bryce Harrington wrote:
>Hi Tony, I posted an email the other day with the vote tally, but
>maybe it was to the wrong alias. Anyway, I voted yea as well, and
>so we have a majority in favor, and the issue can now be closed.
Yes; I hadn't seen your email at the time I replied to the thread.
Bradley has since brought me up to speed. Thanks!
As a next step, the adopted policy should be posted as a new page on
website. I'd also recommend creating another Q & A
under Section 8 ("Legal") of the Wiki FAQ that points visitors to
the trademark policy page. Once the policy page is live, I can
engage the company that was using the Inkscape trademark.
Josh, can you forward these new requirements to the website guys to
Now, we still have an open issue re: the ownership of the copyrights
in the mountain graphic logo. Given that we've been struggling to
compile a complete list of copyright owners in the mark, I recommend
that we do the following:
1. Publish the TM policy on the website in the manner described above.
2. Send a notice of the new TM policy to various Inkscape community
user groups and fora (e.g., inkscape-user, inkscape-announce,
, etc.). In the notice, declare our intent to
license the copyrights to the logo under CC-By-SA 3.0 US, and give
any copyright holders 60 days to step forward and object.
The TM policy (including the section re: logo usage) will be in
effect during that 60-day period, but we'd always reserve the right
to discuss changing the copyright license if a copyright holder were
to step forward and object.
I can provide draft language for the notice. Let me know what else
I can do to help the committee finalize the process.
This all sounds fine with me. Ted, IIRC you were the one that got the
ball rolling initially on this; can you review and close the loops on
any follow up tasks to notify the community and so on?
Tony Sebro, General Counsel, Software Freedom Conservancy