I've created a new inkscape-vector issue to track and hopefully attract a person who can coordinate what we should do:
Deb: Does the conservancy have a media pack and press release? These would make it easier to roll out a news article and create banners etc.
Best Regards, Martin Owens
On Wed, 2018-11-21 at 12:30 -0500, Deb Nicholson wrote:
Hi Project Representatives!
As some of you may know, we're in the process of fundraising for general Conservancy donations - so we can raise the money we need to help you! The administrative percentage we receive from our member projects together doesn't pay for all the work we do for our projects so we are always going full tilt to get everything done and fund our scrappy staff of four people while supporting nearly 50 projects.
Private Internet Access, along with eight individual donors have challenged us to raise $90K by mid-January. That sounds like a long time, but we are competing with many other worthy causes for attention -- and financial support at this time of year. As member project reps, you are uniquely positioned to help us reach just a few more of the people who care deeply about free software.
Things that our member projects have done in the past that have been really helpful:
- Using social media to share and promote the fundraiser
- Posting an item on techy or nerdy websites, like Reddit, Hackernews
- Putting an enthusiastic announcement up on your project website
- Emailing your community list(s) where free software supporters hang
- Adding a banner to your project website
- Writing blogposts about our shared work (we could post this on
- Recording a short video saying why you support Conservancy and
asking others to support us too!
Anything you can do to help us amplify the message about Conservancy's work and this match would be so appreciated! And let us know if we can return the favor and share any fundraising or year-end news you've got happening -- we're always up for sharing what our member projects have happening!
Thanks so much!! Deb