By all means have a categorised list in the pop up for "more..."  but for my usage at least I can see the top 10 covering at least 95% of my time, with others 5% at most. I'd rather search a bit 5% of the time than have to dig through categories the other 95% 

2008/7/31 Steren <steren.giannini@...400...>
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 9:02 AM, john cliff <john.cliff@...400...> wrote:
That or if you stick with the drop down you populate it with the 10 most used and have a seperator and then more.... at the bottom that popus up a full list.
Make the 10 act like the recent files and you end up with a drop down that probably has the ones you want most of the time, but easy access to the rest.
I think we really have to categorize this huge list. This 10 most used LPEs can be an idea, but if I have to strive to find another effect which is not in this list, it's a problem.