you have committed the "g2png" extension. It has many problems.
1. It wasn't added to Makefile.am and so ignored during installation.
2. We don't use capital letters in filenames so G2Pngs.py had to be
renamed to g2pngs.py.
3. The python file had some French Unicode symbols on which my Python
interpreter choked. Please translate the comments to English.
4. It was added to a "Recursive actions" submenu which makes little
sense from the user viewpoint. I changed that to "Export".
5. It has a wrong copyright statement. You are not Aaron Spike, are you? :)
6. The URI should also be changed - don't use org.ekips, use
org.inkscape or your own domain.
7. Most importantly, this extension just goes and exports ALL groups
in the document, recursively. This does not seem to make sense to me.
In most documents, it results in an awful lot of pngs, most of which
are not needed. To be useful, instead, it should just export _all
selected objects_ (not just groups!) without any recursion.
Correspondingly, rename it to "Export selected objects" or something
8. It ignores the filename and resolution hints stored for objects,
always exporting them at the default resolution with the filename from
the id. This is not acceptable. See the man page for how to use export
I have fixed problems 1 to 4 in SVN, but the rest are for you to fix.
I'd suggest that you should have submitted this as a patch to our
patch tracker, or at least have it discussed on the list, before
committing to SVN.
Inkscape. Draw Freely.