2010/4/29 bulia byak <buliabyak@...400...>:
This file explains itself thus:
* This file exists for several reasons: firstly, it contains all the icon names
* in Inkscape, so it can serve as a reference to themers. Secondly, using
* macros instead of strings avoids typos. Thirdly, we can change names
* to conform to external icon sets / specifications without changing any code.
- Before, all the icon references were also in one place - in
verbs.cpp, where they were adjacent to other verb metadata and thus
easier to understand.
- Before, to add a new verb with an icon, I had to add icon ID in one
place. Now I have to add icon ID _and_ the define name. How is this
better for typos?
- icon-names.h is "code" just as well - at least if you change it, you
have to recompile.
I agree it was a bad idea. It adds a lot of useless rebuilds when
adding a new icon, and complicates renaming them (unless we want the
define names and icon names become out of sync). Let's remove it after