I remember surprising some of the old Inkscape devs when I confirmed
that the systemLanguage attribute does in fact work with Inkscape. (one
language at a time).
Today I created an svg to sent to a friend who does translations, with
notes on what parts of the svg do what. I tested it in eog, Firefox and
Inkscape's only bug was that it didn't take into account language
variations. So en_GB would show up for en_US in a switch.
Eye of Gnome on the other hand did the variations correctly but failed
to not render tags with incorrect languages outside of switch tags.
Firefox was a complete bust, everything is always English, suspect it
doesn't listen to the LANG environment variable.
Best Regards, Martin Owens