That's not 0.48.4 that you packaged, that was from trunk. If you want to try packaging 0.48.4 for Mountain Lion you should grab an official release tarball such as http://sourceforge.net/projects/inkscape/files/inkscape/0.48.4/inkscape-0.48...
Thanks for taking an interest in this. Hopefully someone who is more familiar with our packaging on OSX could chime in and/or give feedback.
On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Valerio Aimale <valerio@...2940...> wrote:
I am not an official packager, but I was eager to have an updated version of Inkscape for Mac OS X and I noticed that nobody is packaging the new version.
I've packaged it for Mountain Lion and x86_64. It should be considered a beta packaging. I've packaged from version 0.48+devel r12005
You can download it at:
The Mac Os X packaging infrastructure in the source tree is a bit ancient. Things I've noticed:
- configure.ac uses syntax that is not conforming anymore with
autoconf/automake/authohear 1.13. Going forward that should be updated.
- the scripts osx-build.sh os-app.sh needs update for the newest Xcode
versions. they don't work out of the box.
- the dylib base relocation infrastructure needed to be rewritten
- the Platypus-derived ScriptExec executable might not be needed anymore
- in this version, the app bundle executes the sh script directly.
- The version I packaged runs gtk-2.0+quartz. It does not need
X11/Xquartz anymore to run. This is the direction GIMP has gone to as well.
- It uses the same theme as GIMP. I think it's a good consistency
decision, and it's the theme that looks best on Mtn Lion.
If somebody want to try and report problems, I'd appreciate it