I just fixed bug #190424 and #168777. These are about incorrect font
size when creating text in a document, that has a viewBox attribute. My
patch does not fix the lack of viewBox handling in general, but only for
text tool. Actually Inkscape needs a proper generic implementation of
viewBox handling I think, but this is probably a larger piece of work.
I'd like to know how our policy is for such cases. Go for the easy fix
now, and revert it once the proper general fix is done? Or postpone the
whole issue until it is properly fixed?