On 8/28/05, aaron@...749... <aaron@...749...> wrote:
All this talk about website redesign and reorganization makes me wonder.
On many commercial websites I see a "For the Press" section. Should
inkscape have one of those?
When I read this, I thought of this:
now the page is old, and not everyone feels that Nielson's opinions are
universally applicable (thougn I agree with pretty much all that he has
We should surely take notice of these points:
The top-five *reasons journalists gave for visiting a company's website*were to
- find a PR contact (name and telephone number),
- check basic facts about the company (spelling of an executive's
name, his/her age, headquarters location, etc.),
- discover the company's own spin on events,
- check financial information, and
- download images to use as illustrations in stories.
Now it may be a little while before inkscape is involved in events needing
to be spun and/or have financial information to reveal or conceal, but
I would suggest that there would be a definite beneift from this information
being available on a designated "press Pack" page