I got my source via svn co
I did remove the ~/.inkscape/ directory, did a make clean and then
a ./autogen.sh then debuild from the source and installed the package
with dpkg --install. I've a Debian system, so this is just the cleanest
way of doing it, I think.
As soon, as I got a running version, I will report some issues ;)
E.g. while it's great to have the text editing finally in the top bar
(THANK YOU SO MUCH!) the font selector should be a combobox and not some
self-hacked thing and the bold and italic buttons should be replaced
with another drop down where one can choose from the available styles.
Should I just try again? Maybe I did something I don't recall.
Thanks for your help!
On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 09:43 +0200, Ralf Stephan wrote:
> Well, the dialogues work now and I also have the new UI by
> However, icons still don't work and keyboard shortcuts don't either :(
> Maybe I should wait for a stable Inkscape build for Debian.
Maybe, but think of it: others do not have your problems so there
must be a reason. It is not clear from your reply if you applied
everything advised: remove $HOME/.inkscape/ and make install from
All the advantages of Linux Managed Hosting--Without the Cost and Risk!
Fully trained technicians. The highest number of Red Hat certifications in
the hosting industry. Fanatical Support. Click to learn more
Inkscape-devel mailing list