Like a designer working for the press industry I will love to see inkscape supporting:
Bleed settings and press marks.
On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 12:23 PM, William Adams <will.adams@...3026...> wrote:
On Dec 3, 2013, at 10:43 AM, Anna Morris wrote:
So, some a question - which features would you just LOVE to see in
Inkscape? What is missing?
A more efficient interface. It is much faster / efficient working in Macromedia FreeHand.
Features which I miss include:
- an easy way to select objects which are not on top --- Freehand used
<Control>click for this
- the ability to do math in measurement text fields (want an object to be 10 units wider?
type +10 after its width and tap enter)
- the ability to move selected node(s) and compleat object(s)
- the ability to align a selected node against an object (or multiples)
- It would be nice if InkScape would conform to industry-standard user interface
conventions (usually Shift constrains when dragging, but it's Alt which does that when
musing the pen tool)
- wrapping tabs and all other text features which FreeHand had
- the ability to put text inside a box w/ user-controllable insets all around, to set the
fill and stroke for the box separately from the text and to have the box be auto-sizing to
match the size of the text
- graphics find and replace
- more control over placement of UI elements
- interactive controls for origin of text when placed on a path, ability to have a second
line on a different part of the path
Basically, just make it work like FreeHand, 'cause it solved the vector graphic
interface problem a long while ago, and nothing has improved on it since, save for
FutureWave SmartSketch (freeform / distortable paths) and Creaturehouse Expression
(skeletal stroke technology).
Interesting bit of reading on FreeHand here: http://www.enrichdesign.com/fhblog/
senior graphic designer
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.
Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your
, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!
Inkscape-user mailing list