Inkscape will be reimbursing travel expenses for individuals attending the
hackfest and Libre Graphics Meeting in Saarbrücken, Germany in May 2019.
This will cover transportation, lodging, and food costs following the
reimbursement rules specified by the Software Conservancy.
The exact list of approved attendees is still to be determined, but we
expect it will be in the range of 5-15 individuals, as has been typical
in past events. A second vote will be held to approve specific
travelers, and their names and email addresses will be communicated to
Conservancy at that time. A listing of prospective invitees is
The board will sponsor a dinner out for Hackfest attendees and their
guests for up to 300 € total. (If the number of confirmed attendees
exceeds 10, the board may increase this amount in a future vote.)
The event host will ensure there are snacks and beverages, and procure other
incidentals as needed for attendees. They will be reimbursed for up to a
total of 100 €.
| Board Member | 1. | 2. | 3. |
| -------------------- |:--:|:--:|:--:|
| Bryce Harrington | a. | a. | a. |
| Josh Andler | a. | a. | a. |
| Tavmjong Bah | a. | a. | a. |
| Ted Gould | a. | a. | a. |
| Martin Owens | a. | a. | a. |
| Marc Jeanmougin | a. | a. | a. |
| Chris Rogers | a. | a. | a. |
Voting is needed on funding for sponsorship of attendees at the Saarbrücken
Hackfest planned for May 2019.
1. Travel Sponsorship to Saarbrücken, Germany.
- [ ] a. Reimburse pre-approved attendees (TBD) for up to a flat
amount of $2000 per person.
- [ ] b. Reimburse using the ranked system used for the Boston hackfest.
- [ ] c. Reimburse with open ended limits to extent permitted by
Software Conservancy policy.
- [ ] d. Other: _______
- [ ] e. No, do not fund.
2. Board-sponsored Dinner. The Inkscape Board will fund a dinner out
for Hackfest attendees and their guests. An estimated 10 people
averaging 30 € each gives a budget of 300 €.
- [ ] a. Yes, for estimated cost of up to 300 €.
- [ ] b. Recommend a change: ___________
- [ ] c. No, do not fund.
3. Refreshments. The event host will ensure there are snacks and
beverages, and procure other incidentals as needed for attendees.
An estimate of 10 attendees * 2 days * 5 € suggests a budget of 100€.
- [ ] a. Authorize reimbursement of up to 100 € to the event host for
snacks, beverages, and other incidentals relating to the
- [ ] b. Authorize a different amount: _______
- [ ] c. Do not authorize reimbursement for refreshments
The Libre Graphics Meeting will be held in Germany in May. We wish to
also hold a 2-day hackfest preceeding it. Travel grants will be
provided to attendees of these events.
The exact list of approved attendees will be determined separately. We
anticipate attendance in the 10-15 person range. A listing of
prospective invitees is available at:
Further details about the hackfest are available from