Inkscape 1.0 released
by Marc Jeanmougin
= Inkscape 1.0 =
Inkscape version 1.0 is now released.
You can watch our showcase at:
and download it for your platform on:
then, if you want to support Inkscape, donate to the project at
Inkscape 1.0 is a major milestone for the Inkscape project, following
the update of our user interface toolkit GTK to GTK+3, which allows us
to support custom theming and HiDPI screen resolutions, and to provide a
native app for macOS (as a preview).
We also introduced a long list of new features outlined in detail and
illustrated at https://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Release_notes/1.0 .
The highlights of this release are:
* Easier theming options
* macOS support
* HiDPI screen support
* Rotating and mirroring of canvas
* Alignment of object with on-canvas handles
* Split view and X-Ray modes to inspect path geometry
* Searchable symbols dialog
* New live path effect selection dialog
* PowerPencil Live Path Effect to draw variable width strokes with
* Many new useful live path effects (corner rounding tool, offsets,
* Performance improvements for path operations on large number of paths
* Default coordinate origin has been moved to the top left
* Improved text line-height support
* Variable font support
* Browser-compatible flowed text
* Extensions now use Python 3
Join an Inkscape project team
Inkscape is always happy to welcome new contributors in various areas:
code, translation, UX, bug triaging, or even outreach!
The main ways to get involved are listed on
The preferred points of contact are:
+ https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/team_devel (or freenode/#inkscape-devel)
A warm thanks to everyone involved in making this release possible!
The Inkscape team
2 years, 10 months