Inkscape 1.1.2 is now released.
You can download it at:
then, if you want to support Inkscape, donate to the project at:
Inkscape 1.1.2 is mainly a stability and bugfix release.
It fixes numerous crashes and several major inconveniences, such as lost styling
when when converting text to path, or relative position of clones pasted into
a new document
In addition, we are releasing an alpha version of Inkscape 1.2, to facilitate
testing of major upcoming features, such as the multipage support, editable
markers, on-canvas alignment, revamped alignment and snapping options, layer
and objects dialog, etc. If you find any issue with this new version, please
report it tohttps://inkscape.org/report
You can download it at
Join an Inkscape project team
Inkscape is always happy to welcome new contributors in various areas:
code, docs, translation, UX, bug triaging, or even outreach!
The main ways to get involved are listed onhttps://inkscape.org/contribute/
and you can get in touch with us onhttps://chat.inkscape.org/
Thanks to everyone involved in this release!
-- The Inkscape team
It's time to vote for the About Screen for Inkscape's version 1.2!
We're very proud to present you with an amazing gallery featuring 25
entries, by 20 different Inkscape artists. Thank you so much to everyone
Community voting opens on March 7 (0:00 UTC) and closes on March 13,
2022 (23:59:59 UTC).
Here are the rules:
* If you don't have a user account on the Inkscape website yet, you need
to register (https://inkscape.org/user/register/) to be able to vote.
* Everyone who enjoys Inkscape is allowed to vote.
* Everyone gets 1 vote - this includes all contest entrants.
* Visit the gallery and check out all the amazing works of art.
* Click on one of the thumbnails to see the a larger version of the
image and a description. You can also comment on the contest entry.
* To cast your vote, either click on the check mark below the image or
hover over the small image in the gallery to see a circle-shaped
checkbox you can click on. If you accidentally vote for the wrong
entry, you can change your vote by simply voting for a different one.
* Voting will ONLY be accepted via the Inkscape website.
* You can vote until Sunday, March 13, 2022, 23:59 (Time zone: UTC). In
the gallery, there's also a countdown timer available that shows how
long voting is open.
* Once the community voting is done, the top five entries with the most
votes will be passed on to the developers, who will then vote to
determine the winner.
* For the contest participants, ANY modifications of the files are
prohibited at this point.
SEE ALL ENTRIES AND CAST YOUR VOTE HERE:
Good luck to all participants!