Inkscape 1.1 released
by Marc Jeanmougin
= Inkscape 1.1 =
Inkscape version 1.1 is now released.
You can watch our showcase at: https://inkscape.org/release-video-1-1/
and download it for your platform on:
then, if you want to support Inkscape, donate to the project at
Inkscape 1.1 is the latest major release of Inkscape, following one year
of development after the 1.0 major release.
The highlights of this release are:
* A Welcome dialog, where the look of Inkscape can be selected, and
some choices for the new document's size or file to open are available
* A Command palette that opens when the '?' key is pressed, that allows
to search and use many functions without having to use a keyboard
shortcut or going through the menus
* It is now possible to copy, cut and paste parts of paths with the
* The dialog docking system has been rewritten, which resolves many
issues with Inkscape's docked dialogs and allows you to dock dialogs on
either side of the screen
* New Outline Overlay mode that displays object outlines while also
showing their real colors
* Preferences options are now easier to find by using the new search field
* It is no longer necessary to remember to click on 'Export' in the
Export dialog, as the exporting will already happen after the click on
'Save' in the file selection dialog.
* Export as JPG, TIFF, optimized PNG and WebP directly from Inkscape
* When pasting a copied object, Inkscape now pastes it directly on top
of the currently selected object by default
* An extension for updating extensions and installing additional
extensions, called the Extension Manager (currently in beta stage)
We also introduced a long list of new features outlined in detail and
Join an Inkscape project team
Inkscape is always happy to welcome new contributors in various areas:
code, translation, UX, bug triaging, or even outreach!
The main ways to get involved are listed on https://inkscape.org/contribute/
The preferred points of contact are:
+ https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/team_devel (or freenode/#inkscape-devel)
A warm thanks to everyone involved in making this release possible!
The Inkscape team
1 year, 10 months