I'd like to have a wiki account at wiki.inkscape.org
I'd like my username to be ipatch (all lowercase) please & thank you.
I'd like to have chris.r.jones.1983@...400... associated with the username.
I'm known as:
Please let me know if I left out any information.
Thank you, to whomever takes the time to setup an account for me.
My colleague posted on https://forum.inkscapecommunity.com/index.php?topic=1517.msg10076#msg10076 because we noticed our automatic packaging system isn’t getting the newest Inkscape anymore. Then we noticed that you are searching for a developer who can build DMG files and run CI-Jobs.
Maybe we can help you out with this, as we have some old Mac mini which could run a ci-runner for gitlab.
Do you have any documentation how builds were made until 0.92.2?
Do you actually build all release versions using a CI/CD Pipeline?
Actually we do not have c/c++ knowledge, so we can only help you out with infrastructure.
we're currently considering to change the default interpreter executable
for perl extensions on Windows from "perl.exe" to "wperl.exe", see .
In case any developers/users of perl extensions on Windows are reading
this, please let us know if this is a change you'd welcome or if this
has the potential to break your extension / current setup.
For everybody unaware of the difference between perl and wperl: On
Windows there's a fundamental distinction between console applications
and "GUI" applications. The former are always attached to a console
window and will start one if necessary (i.e. you'd see a console window
pop up while running the extension), which is also the case for
"perl.exe". "wperl.exe" on the other hand is compiled as a "GUI"
application and doesn't require a console. The downside is that "wperl"
only exists on Windows (there's no such distinction on other OSs) and
might not even be available in some perl distributions.
In any case the interpreter executable can always be customized as
described in the Wiki article , so you'll always be able to set the
interpreter of your choice. This also allows you to test this change
ahead of time and give feedback.
Our monthly board meeting is scheduled for Friday, Feb 1st,
at 10am Pacific in #inkscape-devel. All members are welcome.
* Hackfest [http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/17x/ SCALE]
** March 7th-10th, 2019 (Pasadena, California)
** Need to identify potential attendees to invite.
** Make sure all travelers have their arrangements made
* Hackfest [http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2019/ LGM 2019]
** May 30th-June 3rd (Saarbrucken, Germany) Proposed.
** Need event host/coordinator
** Review how rollout went. Any followup tasks?
* Bug tracker transition plan
** Review how kickoff went. Followup tasks?
* Sponsorship management
+ Invoicing for sponsors
+ Use gitlab issues for tracking?
+ Sponsor acceptance policy
+ Renewal of old sponsors
+ Sponsor soliciting / outreach
+ Meeting w/ Karen on Conservancy assistance
* 2019 Budget
+ Current balances
+ Plans for 2019
* Wiki migration
* Weblate service deployment
* Other Business
Action Items from last meeting:
=== Hackfest SCALE Pasadena ===
♦ ACTION: Check into pre/post SCALE meeting options & AirBNB [tedg, scislac]
♦ ACTION: Set up hackfest fundraiser web page for SCALE hackfest [maren]
♦ ACTION: Put together list of people to invite to 2019 SCALE hackfest [tedg]
♦ ACTION: Identify/recruit Inkscape presenters for SCALE [ryangorley]
== Hackfest LGM Saarbrucken ==
♢ ACTION: Arrange vote for funds for stickers for the two 2019 hackfests [bryce]
=== Merchandise Sales ===
♦ ACTION: Coordinate announcement of spreadshirt with hackfest [crogers, vectors team]
♢ ACTION: Email Bryce with evaluation/details about hellotux.com
merchandise service, for preparing board vote [crogers]
♢ ACTION: Board vote on hellotux.com [bryce]
=== Bug Tracker Transition ===
♢ ACTION: Discuss scheduling for rollout of bug transition game with Terry [crogers, bryce]
♢ ACTION: Write up an orientation web page for new bug triagers, for gitlab migration [Mc]
♦ ACTION: Announce move to gitlab for new Inkscape & 2geom bug
reports, once inkscape 1.0-alpha is released [bryce]
== Inkscape 1.0 alpha release ==
♦ ACTION: Start Inkscape 1.0-alpha release once 2geom is released [bryce]
♢ ACTION: Check in with people doing test case conversion [Tav]
♢ ACTION: ping jimmac/barbara about the symbolic icons for adding the theme to Inkscape [scislac]
♢ ACTION: Plan video for Inkscape 1.0 release [crogers]
=== Inkscape 0.92.4 Release ===
♦ ACTION: Kickoff 0.92.4 release once 1.0-alpha is released [bryce]
♦ ACTION: Remember to put correct version string in AC_ for 0.92.4 [bryce]
♦ ACTION: Plan PR for 0.92.4 (with mention of availability of alpha) [vectors team, ryangorley]
=== Inkscape 1.0 Release ===
♢ ACTION: Brainstorm plans for 1.0beta / 1.0 commemorative merch [crogers, tedg]
=== Sponsorship Management ===
♢ ACTION: Find out about the new event insurance from #conservancy [tedg]
♦ ACTION: See if Karen or other Conservancy members will be at SCALE to discuss sponsorship management
♢ ACTION: Generate summary of our financial situation [bryce]
Transcripts of previous meetings:
We're considering a May hackfest in Germany, organized around the LGM
event in Saarbrücken. For this, we need someone in the role of event
coordinator. If you're available and interested (or might potentially),
please let me know.
The duties of the event coordinator is to make sure we have a venue for
the meeting, recruits attendees, and provides travel-related information
(e.g. hotel and dining suggestions).