Our monthly board meeting is scheduled for Friday, Jun 7th,
at 10am Pacific in #inkscape-devel. All members are welcome.
* CoC: escalation point person needed
* Hackfest debrief [http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2019/ LGM 2019]
** mailing list migration off SourceForge
** Wiki migration off OSUOSL
* Other Business
** CoC Escalation Point
*** Need someone to handle escalated complaints re CoC, since Krzysztof Kosiński has resigned. Hopefully someone with training or experience with conflict resolution or mediation. Not much time needed, probably would never happen, but need to be ready just in case. Currently it's vacant.
** Forums: Should a job postings area be included?
*** Discuss the possibility of having something like a jobs board on the new forum. Something similar to https://forum.inkscapecommunity.com/index.php?board=12.0 Would need strict rules to prevent misuse, spam, liability, etc.
Action Items from last meeting:
== Bug Migration ==
♢ ACTION: (Blocked) Check with SFC if amounts of $100 / $50 / $25 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd is within IRS limits [bryce]
♢ ACTION: (Blocked) Hold referendum on top game prizes after confirmed by SFC [bryce]
== Inkscape 1.0 beta ==
♢ ACTION: Check in with people doing test case conversion [Tav]
♢ ACTION: ping jimmac/barbara about the symbolic icons for adding the theme to Inkscape [scislac]
♢ ACTION: Plan video for Inkscape 1.0 release [crogers]
♢ ACTION: Brainstorm plans for 1.0beta / 1.0 commemorative merch [crogers, tedg]
=== Sponsorship Management ===
♢ ACTION: Find out about the new event insurance from #conservancy [tedg]
Transcripts of previous meetings:
Discussions during the Hackfest
Fund raising and what the money is used for:
We had both Krita and Gimp developers present.
Receives $6000 per month from both the Windows and Steam store.
They charge $9.99.
Windows does not allow links to "free" copies.
Steam can handle all platforms but is difficult to set up.
MacStore might have GPL issues, easier with GPL 2.
Krita pays four full-time developers.
Gimp receives lots of donations ($100,000 from one source).
Gimp does not pay developers but spends its funds on buying
equipment for developers and getting them together.
There was general agreement that we should start charging on the
Windows store. We though $19.99 was a good price. We do want to
offer a free download option but that is difficult with Windows
store policy. One way of working around this is to make a download
link prominent on our home page (it already is) and linking to
that. A second way is to have two Window store entries, one for
payed and one free. We can include a link to a free version of
Inkscape on the Steam store. Marc is going to look at how hard it is
to put Inkscape on that store.
There was general agreement that hiring a full time person to handle
infrastructure/fund raising/etc. is a good idea.
We also discussed the "nofollow" keyword in the links to our
sponsors and how it is effecting the sponsorship
renewals. Recognizing that there are two types of sponsors: those
that are truly interested in promoting Inkscape and those that are
using the links to raise their profile in search engines. We thought
that charging extra for removing the "nofollow" keyword might be
This is only an issue for the Linux builds. We agreed that we should
* Debian Stable (9)
* Ubuntu Last LTS (18.04)
* Last CentOS/Redhat (as best effort)
* Fedora Last 2
And we shouldn't break for point releases.
A lot of work was done on the 1.0 MaxOSX build during the hackfest.
It was noted that MacOS 10.15 will no longer support 32bit
builds. This will cause problems for those using the 0.92
builds. 1.0 will likely not be ready by the time 10.15 is out. One
solution is to point people to the "Curated MacOSX" builds, although
this is not an "Official" Inkscape build.
Marc came up with a new schedule for the 1.0 release that
was agreed to by those present. Key items to solve before beta:
* Merge Jabier's improvements to the XML dialog
* Fix missing icons on startup.
Alpha 2 at end of LGM. (DONE)
There was a general annoyance with breaking API and with losing
file import via Uniconvertor. Uniconvertor is no longer being
packaged separately so this is not just an Inkscape problem.
We shared a space with Gimp and Krita. Bill came to 283 Euros ($321).