A majority vote of the current board members is required for the following matter.
Previously we voted on adjusting the FSA to change the list of people who can vote for the PLC positions to be a list maintained by the PLC instead of the AUTHORS file. We sent that to the SFC and they recommended some slight changes. They'd like to see the URL there, but with a mechanism to change it without going through the whole FSA change procedure.
Amend the FSA section 6 paragraph 2 from:
Committee members (“Members”) shall be elected by the contributors to the Inkscape community, which is comprised solely of individuals listed in the Project’s AUTHORS file (“Inkscape Community”).
Committee members (“Members”) shall be elected by the contributors to the Inkscape community, which is comprised solely of individuals listed on the following URL on the Project’s website (“Inkscape Community”), or such other URL as provided to Conservancy by the Authorized Representative upon unanimous approval of the Committee: https://inkscape.org/*membership/list.txt
a. Ammend the FSA as written above
b. Similar to above but with these changes:
c. We shouldn't amend the FSA
We've passed a membership policy, but I'd thrown out the idea that some of that should be in the FSA to make it more official. I suggested some text to mirror the policy, there hasn't been any comments. Upon realizing the FSA is harder to change than I thought, I'm suggesting putting it in now so we don't have to do the signing part again. Putting this to a quick vote to see if it can go in this batch of changes.
Add a section to the FSA that reads as follows:
Inkscape Community. The Inkscape Community shall be defined as a list of members that is maintained by The Committee and posted as specified in section 6.
Adding a Member. Contributors will be added when they have made a sustained contribution to the Inkscape Project and that contribution is verified by three existing members of the Community.
Removing a Member. Members can be removed from the list at the member’s request or by a simple majority vote of The Committee. The Committee should only remove members that cannot be contacted, have ceased contributing to Inkscape for over a year, or who have committed actions that are harmful to the project or its community.
a. Add the section to the FSA
b. It needs more work, delay until next update of the FSA, ideas: ______
c. I think it should go in this revision of the FSA with a minor change: ______
d. We shouldn't be doing this
I was looking for section numbers for the other votes and noticed that Bryce's home address is in the FSA. The Internet is a scarier place than it was when that was written, and it serves no purpose, so proposing just cleaning it out.
Remove from the preamble of the FSA the text "Currently, the principal office of the Project is located at:" and the address that follows.
a. Remove the address
b. Keep it there
On Thu, 2021-10-14 at 17:19 -0700, Josh Andler wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 12:09 PM Martin Owens <doctormo(a)geek-2.com>
> > Next committee meeting is November 11th, hope to see you all there.
> Actually, if you check the calendar on the website, the next
> committee meeting is on November 5th. Hope to see you there Martin.
That's Ted's status update meeting. This came about Josh because Ted
started removing agenda items last year and basically denying the rest
of the committee the ability to talk about substantive issues. But we
had a talk about why and ted basically explained that his meeting
wasn't an actual "meeting" in the way most people would understand one,
but was instead just a way to update the rest of the project with the
status of committee items.
Which is fine. A little eccentric, but it's the meeting that ted runs
so he can defined what it's for and how.
I like to deliver my status updates in real time, so I don't attend
these update meetings.
I set up a video meeting so we had space to talk about planning, tasks,
so we can socialise and have fun. You should come Josh. All of the
recent activity has come out of our more action orientated meetings.
The full calendar is available here:
https://inkscape.org/*leadership-committee/calendar/ showing both
events and who is organising them.
Regards, Martin Owens
This months meeting was a joint affair between the developer meeting
and leadership committee. Thank you to everyone who was able to join
Specifically related the committee points:
* We had a discussion about outreachy and the situation with us losing
our mentors at the 11th hour.
* The membership website was tested by a bunch of people, there's a
few cosmetic notes and one security fix. Thanks everyone.
* We're awaiting news from the SFC, no one from the SFC was present to
ask about the FSA updates.
* The t-shirts item is awaiting a design from Roland, but we have a
backup design should not that come through. Chris has needed to
delegate his part of the design process due to unforeseen work load.
All other items were related to developer issues and are ommitted from
No future action items or votes from this meeting. Mostly things
Next committee meeting is November 11th, hope to see you all there.
Best Regards, Martin Owens
Dear Leadership Committee,
As discussed; the two week consultation is finished. Thanks to everyone
who came to the meetings, commented here on the mailing list and sent
private messages. I've distilled everything down into a internal policy
document which we can now vote on.
The preference from other board members was to put this strait to a
vote since we've talked about this for a long time. So hopefully this
represents a balanced and fair membership process.
See the attached draft policy document that we are voting on here.
a. Adopt the internal membership policy as is.
b. Adopt it after these minor modifications.
c. Do not adopt this policy, or anything like it.
d. Do something else.
Best Regards, Martin Owens