= Inkscape 1.1 =
Inkscape version 1.1 is now released.
You can watch our showcase at: https://inkscape.org/release-video-1-1/
and download it for your platform on:
then, if you want to support Inkscape, donate to the project at
Inkscape 1.1 is the latest major release of Inkscape, following one year
of development after the 1.0 major release.
The highlights of this release are:
* A Welcome dialog, where the look of Inkscape can be selected, and
some choices for the new document's size or file to open are available
* A Command palette that opens when the '?' key is pressed, that allows
to search and use many functions without having to use a keyboard
shortcut or going through the menus
* It is now possible to copy, cut and paste parts of paths with the
* The dialog docking system has been rewritten, which resolves many
issues with Inkscape's docked dialogs and allows you to dock dialogs on
either side of the screen
* New Outline Overlay mode that displays object outlines while also
showing their real colors
* Preferences options are now easier to find by using the new search field
* It is no longer necessary to remember to click on 'Export' in the
Export dialog, as the exporting will already happen after the click on
'Save' in the file selection dialog.
* Export as JPG, TIFF, optimized PNG and WebP directly from Inkscape
* When pasting a copied object, Inkscape now pastes it directly on top
of the currently selected object by default
* An extension for updating extensions and installing additional
extensions, called the Extension Manager (currently in beta stage)
We also introduced a long list of new features outlined in detail and
Join an Inkscape project team
Inkscape is always happy to welcome new contributors in various areas:
code, translation, UX, bug triaging, or even outreach!
The main ways to get involved are listed on https://inkscape.org/contribute/
The preferred points of contact are:
+ https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/team_devel (or freenode/#inkscape-devel)
A warm thanks to everyone involved in making this release possible!
The Inkscape team
This year's Libre Graphics Meeting will take place from May 27-30, 2021,
online, Paris time (CEST, currently UTC+2).
You'll find several Inkscapers presenting once again this year!
Check out the program here:
Hi to all Inkscapers!
We just launched the Release Candidate of Inkscape 1.1, with a plan to
have roughly three weeks of testing for a release around May 24th.
You can get it here:
(source tarball, linux appimage, windows installers and macOS dmg are
We encourage you to use it as you would use Inkscape 1.1 stable, in
order to find any problems people may encounter with the release. In
particular, if you find any regressions, please do submit a bug report
as soon as possible on https://inkscape.org/report : if nothing major is
reported, the state of that release candidate should be close to the
release. If you want to help with the translations to your language,
it's still possible to submit those until close to the release date.
Thanks to everyone involved in this release !