Inkscape 1.2 released !
by Marc Jeanmougin
= Inkscape 1.2 =
Thanks to all the work from our community, we are proud to announce that Inkscape version 1.2 is now released.
You can find out about the new features, and watch our showcase at: https://inkscape.org/news/2022/05/16/inkscape-12/
and download it for your platform on:
then, if you want to support Inkscape, donate to the project at
Inkscape 1.2 is the latest major release of Inkscape, following one year
of development after the 1.1 major release.
The highlights of this release are:
* Inkscape documents can now hold multiple pages, which are managed by the new Page tool
* Editable markers and dash patterns
* Layers and objects dialog merged
* On-canvas alignment snapping and Snap settings redesign
* New 'Tiling' Live Path Effect
* Redesigned Export dialog with preview and ability to select objects/layers/pages and even multiple file formats to export to
* Import SVG images from Open Clipart, Wikimedia Commons and other online sources
* Selectable object origin for numerical scaling and moving
* All alignment options in a single dialog
* Gradient editing in the Fill and Stroke dialog
* Gradient dithering
* SVG Font Editor updated
* Flowing text around shapes and text padding
* Convenience Boolean operation for splitting paths
* Configurable Tool bar, continuous icon scaling and many more new customization options
* Performance gains for many parts of the interface and many different functions
* Lots of improvements to the user interface
* Numerous crash & bug fixes in the main Inkscape program and in in the stock extensions
We also introduced a long list of new features outlined in detail and
Join an Inkscape project team
Inkscape is always happy to welcome new contributors in various areas:
code, translation, UX, bug triaging, or even outreach!
The main ways to get involved are listed onhttps://inkscape.org/contribute/
The preferred points of contact are:
+https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/team_devel (or libera.chat/#inkscape-devel)
A warm thanks to everyone involved in making this release possible!
-- The Inkscape team
10 months, 2 weeks