Can users take a screenshot and/or screen recording on Inkscape and use it
for commercial purposes? (for example: for online courses, social media
If yes, are there any conditions that must be met for this?
My next book (almost complete) is about constructing Mental Models. I
recommend Inkscape for those using Linux. The book has an appendix on
using Inkscape. I'm looking to just cover things most important and
often used in drawing diagrams with boxes, text and lines.
In the cheatsheet portion, I have:
s: Enter Select Mode
Ctrl+D: Duplicate Object
Shift+Ctrl+F: Edit Object's Visible Properties:
Shift+Ctrl+A: Align And Distribute Objects:
In the Tips section, I have:
* How to make all the toolbars visible
* Turn off all snapping (Shift+5)
* Turning off changing an object's stroke width with changes of object
* F12 to toggle visibility of dialog boxes
* Use 12 to 14 point fonts for labels
* Don't use Inkscape connectors for interaction lines
- They don't work right
- Use lines or Bezier curves instead
* Don't use multiline text: Use 1 text object per line instead
- Multiline text isn't part of SVG
- Multiline text often and unpredictably screws up in Inkscape
I also have a short section on how to create and manipulate Beziers
This appendix isn't meant to teach Inkscape or be an Inkscape
reference. It's merely a guide to most useful Inkscape tactics for
diagram drawing, and warnings to stay away from landmines.
Can anybody think of very important tactics to use for creating
box-and-line diagrams for Inkscape?
Spring 2021 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful