is there anyone who objects using xml2po for the tutorial
for the process.
With xml2po, translators would get regular po files to translate,
with all the positive effects (no manual looking for string changes;
more dedicated tools than for Docbook; familiarity of amny
translators with the format; translator credits for free (even
though we don't pull them yet for the About box); strings from
included images are in the same file; the Gnome people are using it;
and probably some more).
I am using xml2po for the German translation since pre-0.45, and it
worked quite well so far. I have started automating the conversion
process to HTML/SVG (to the then intermediate Docbook XML) in SVN.
So if there are no valid objections overriding the plusses, I will
soon start converting all translated Docbook XML files to the po
format. Please submit any translated XML files that are not yet in
I think now is a good time to tackle that process, considering that
0.46 is probably a while but not too far away, and there are quite
some efforts going into tutorials recently (thanks Ryan :).
PS: I'm cmarqu on IRC.
the conversion of the tutorial translations to PO format is
done. (There are a few small things left, but the large task is
finished). I'll now work on polishing the Makefile support and
documenting the translation flow.
hello, first of all I'd like to introduce myself as someone who helps to
manage the inkscape.org vm, but you may better know me as Inc on irc.
Now onto business. If you've not noticed inkscape.org has been going
down quite a bit lately that is due to apache hitting max clients. The
best way to fix this problem is to put the whole website behind squid.
Currently the website is behind squid but it's not able to work
efficiently due to the fact that we're sending headers like
"cache-control: no cache, must-revalidate. Bryce had mentioned that
no-cache was probably there because of the translations. When we didn't
have it there people were getting pages in whatever language the first
person to load the page had set. So we probably need to rethink that. We
need to get this done ASAP so that inkscape.org will be stay up.
--Ian "Inc" Caldwell
> On 7/10/07, bulia byak wrote:
>> * A new effect, Replace color in the Color submenu, simply
>> replaces one RRGGBB-specified color to another within selection or, if
>> there's no selection, in the entire document. As with other effects in
>> that submenu, the replacement affects fill, stroke, and gradient
>> colors, but not colors of bitmaps.
> "Replace color (RRGGBB hex):" and "By color (RRGGBB hex):" are not
> marked for translation, btw ;-)
Fixed in SVN.
I also updated all po files to reflect the strings in the current