Help with pt_BR translation
by Ricardo Klein
I work in an University in South of Brazil and we have here one teacher who
want to make students of Information Systems learn English by
software/documentation translation, so, I came to as you if you need help
on pt_BR translation, who I need to talk to know how it will be done and,
then, I will put the teacher to talk with this responsible for translation.
Thanks and congrats for the project.
Ricardo Felipe Klein
10 years, 7 months
Inkscape 0.49 Proposed Release Plan
by Josh Andler
The following is based on previous release plans. Let me know if
there's anything missing. One thing I want to do differently is the
bug hunt. No score for this release, only going for bugs milestoned
for 0.49 instead. This also means we need to hit the tracker to ensure
the milestoned ones are correct and to milestone and must fixes. The
number of bugs already fixed in trunk is huge, so getting the work out
for further testing "soon" is better. Dates are subject to change as
always, hopefully they could be moved up (with the exception of the
the time between Feature Freeze and Hard Freeze, for the sake of the
translators). Translators, I would recommend getting started sooner
rather than later.
1. Open development. (In Progress)
2. Chill. (September 21, 2012)
Development focuses on wrapping up.
No further refactoring.
Identify 'make distcheck' issues
Triage bug reports
Run an About Screen contest
First draft of Release Notes.
Update tutorials and other docs
3. Frost. (October 5, 2012)
Most development complete.
Release Notes should be >90% filled in.
Bug Hunt: Target those milestoned for 0.49.
Post alpha quality tarball.
4. Feature Freeze. (October 26, 2012)
No further development work.
Disable features that can't be finished in time.
Focus on critical bug fixing.
Finalize all tutorials, docs, etc.
Finalize all extensions.
Translators create/update translations.
Inkscape must pass 'make distcheck'
Post beta quality tarball.
5. Hard freeze. (November 23, 2012)
Only release wardens can commit to mainline.
No further string changes.
Focus on release-critical bug fixing.
Finalize translations, release notes, etc.
Post Release Candidate tarball.
Packagers test creating pkgs.
6. Branch. (December 7, 2012)
Establish the Stable Branch for release
Complete any late-late-late work.
Final verification of packaging, release notes,
Publish more release candidates until ready for
Plan 0.49.1+ release(s), as needed
7. Release. (December 21, 2012)
Post official announcements
8. Open development.
Yes, it seems like a ridiculously short timeframe given our history of
making releases happen and how much we've strayed in the past. I do
however feel it is doable given the change in the bug hunt requirement
for this cycle. That usually holds us up. Also, no platform specific
bugs will hold up this release. We will release for specific platforms
as issues are taken care of.
If anyone has objections or concerns, please speak up. As stated in
the past... this is doable. We're good, we're smart, we're competent,
and we have the resources... we just need to be focused to make this
happen. Let's do this!
10 years, 9 months
by Hleb Valoshka
Should we expect it? I've made my translation for 0.48 0.001% better,
sh'ld I send it to upstream?
10 years, 9 months